RECIPES AND HOW TO'S

In my original blog I just intermingled the recipes I mentioned in the blog. Many found this hard to follow. So in an effort to make the blogs more user friendly I am posting all the recipes and how to's for all the blogs here. I hope you like this new format. -Jan `

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Red Topped Meatloaf Master Mix


                      Red Topped Meatloaf Master Mix

Categories    : Ground Beef, Ground Chickenm, Ground Pork,Sausage 

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation
--------  ------------  -------------------------
  4       whole         eggs -- beaten

2/3       cup           instant dry milk

2         tablespoons   instant dry milk

2 1/4     cups          water

 6        tablespoons   dried onion flakes

 6        tablespoons   dried parsley

 1        tablespoon    garlic powder

 1        tablespoon    salt

 4 1/2    pounds        ground beef

 1 1/2    cups          bread crumbs 

Mix all ingredients together very well.  Divide into desired portion sizes and freeze. 

FOOD STORAGE NOTE: 

I line my loaf pans with foil large enough to wrap around the loaves once frozen. Then I spray with cooking spray then flash freeze the loaves in the pans. Once frozen I remove the loaves foil and all from the pan.  Wrap the excess foil around the loaf and then vacuum seal, label with the cooking temperature and time and return to the freezer. 

If I am using the mixture for Muffin Tin Meatloaves.  I freeze them in the muffin tins then pop them out and vacuum seal them, label appropriately and return to the freezer. 

If using for meatballs I flash freeze the meatballs on a cookie sheet, then place the meatballs into a vacuum bag, seal and label and return to the freezer.


If using for stuffing peppers I either stuff the peppers  and freeze or I freeze the raw mixture in a solid lump to thaw and use for that purpose in the future.  Again vacuum sealing and labeling before freezing.

Other uses I freeze it in appropriate usage size blocks in vacuum sealed bags.  

Description:

  "use for everything from your basic meatloaf to meatballs and more."

Yield:   "5 pounds"
       - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 7746 Calories; 572g Fat (67.4% calories from fat); 423g Protein; 199g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 2602mg Cholesterol; 9994mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 10 Grain(Starch); 52 Lean Meat; 4 Non-Fat Milk; 85 Fat.

Serving Ideas : Traditionally served with mashed potatoes and peas, but at our house we change that up a lot too. 

NOTES : A basic versatile meatloaf mixture that can be used in numerous ways.  It can be done with ground beef, ground chicken or turkey, or with a 1/2 pork (or sausage of various types) 1/2 ground beef mixture to add even more variety to your meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment