RECIPES AND HOW TO'S

In my original blog I just intermingled the recipes I mentioned in the blog. Many found this hard to follow. So in an effort to make the blogs more user friendly I am posting all the recipes and how to's for all the blogs here. I hope you like this new format. -Jan `

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Week 2 KAY'S BBQ SAUCE


Kay's BBQ Sauce Recipe

Recipe By     :Kay Hilliard

Serving Size  : 0     Preparation Time :0:00

Categories    : Condiments

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation

--------  ------------  -------------------------

  1       gallon         ketchup

  3/4     cup            Liquid smoke flavoring

  3/4     cup            soy sauce

  1      cup             Worcestershire sauce

  1      cup             Butter

  2      pounds          brown sugar

  2      cups            water

  1    teaspoon          Williams Chili Seasoning

  1    teaspoon          garlic powder

 1/2   teaspoon          black pepper -- ground



Mix all ingredients together well and then simmer for 1-2 hours. 

Can or freeze to store, refrigerate all other containers of it. 

Description:

  "Kay was a neighbor of ours who made the best BBQ sauce, it took me years to get this recipe out of her. I've tweaked it a little bit for my family's preference"

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 9391 Calories; 199g Fat (17.7% calories from fat); 76g Protein; 1998g Carbohydrate; 52g Dietary Fiber; 500mg Cholesterol; 63094mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Vegetable; 37 Fat; 130 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

FOOD STORAGE NOTE: This recipe freezes and cans quite well.  Since it makes approximately 5 quarts I highly recommend doing one or the other.  I pressure can the sauce for our household, per USDA standards.  Refrigerate open containers or leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment